The mission of the Riverdale PTC is to give parents the opportunity to support RHS students, faculty, and administration by working together to develop a sense of community, exchange ideas, and raise funds.
The PTC values and welcomes parent involvement at any level! Check out opportunities here, or ask any of your PTC Board Members or Grade Connectors. Wondering what your PTC has been up to since the beginning of the school year?
Here are a few recent PTC-related events and expenditures:
- purchase of new graphing calculators for checkout from the library
- purchase of wireless microphones AND new sound system (“Can you hear me now?”)
- purchase of new, up-to-code garbage cans and recycling bins
- purchase of new buzzer system for Science Bowl and classroom use
- grant towards the venue rental for “High School Musical”
- grant to the Riverdale Robotics Club
- down-payments for the super-secret Prom and Grad Night venues
- funding of OHSU Athletic Trainer services, through the Riverdale Booster Club
- new soccer goal and new first-aid kits for all RGS & RHS coaches, through the Riverdale Booster Club
- hosting the October PTC Coffee (“The Neuroscience of Social Media and Technology Devices”) with Dr. Amelia Wilcox.
- sponsoring the upcoming PTC Coffee on 11/30 with NW Anxiety Institute’s Kevin Ashworth
- the shoring up of funds for our amazing Field Studies Program, thanks to generous parent donations towards last year’s Paddle Raise.