Riverdale Grade School (RGS) Parent Teacher Club (PTC) is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Its members (parents, teachers and staff) pay no dues.
Our Mission: The RGS PTC strives to enrich Riverdale’s K-8 education by enhancing curriculum activities, encouraging parent involvement, supporting student participation, and fostering communication to strengthen our community.
What is the difference between the Riverdale School District Foundation and the PTC? The Foundation’s dollars go directly into the District’s operating budget to help close the gap between the budget and the funds actually received by the state. The PTC funds specific programs and services for the grade school that are not in the District budget.
What are the major ways that the PTC enriches the educational experience at the grade school? The PTC provides financial and volunteer support in five main areas:
- Classroom Enrichment – Art literacy, special project grants, teacher grants, performances/speakers, financial aid (music, field studies, lunch)
- Extracurricular – Community school, athletics (financial aid and uniforms)
- Community Building – New family liaisons, grade connectors, back-to-school events, carnival, auction, party packs, field day, playgroup, etc.
- Teacher Support – Teacher training, classroom funds for teachers, library support, class parties, monthly staff lunches, food at conferences and Teacher Appreciation Week.
- RGS Support – Weekly/quarterly newsletter, lunch ordering coordination, lunch service coordination, directories, back-to-school packet, facilities improvements, equipment and supplies.
Who oversees the management of the organization? Each year, an executive board is voted in as officers at the May general meeting. Through their ongoing commitment to the bylaws and budget approved by the membership, they uphold the mission of the PTC. The President oversees the overall operations. The Vice President manages and helps recruit Room Parents and event volunteers. The Communications officer manages the PTC website, weekly newsletter and overall communications. The Secretary keeps the meeting minutes and updates the bulletin boards. The Treasurer pays vendors, reimburses expenses and manages the money overall.
2021-2022 Executive Officers (RGS)
- President ~ Shelyea Belfiore (Griffin)
- Vice President ~ Alexia Bounds & Nikki Brenneke
- Treasurers ~ Michele Rossolo & Elisabet Spaulding
- Communications ~ Sara Johnson & Ashley Eil
- Secretary ~ Stephanie Kelly
- President-Elect ~ Open