On Monday, we kicked off our Jump Rope for Heart fundraiser with an assembly for K-4th grade students. This American Heart Association event teaches students the importance of heart health and also raises money to help others. Throughout April, students will learn jump rope skills and tricks in PE, and also learn about various ways to keep their hearts healthy through physical activity and healthy eating. Each grade level will also have a special PE class where students from the entire grade will participate in fun jumping stations and other PE activities.
Parent volunteers are needed for each grade level. Please email Heidi Bader if you can pitch in.
The times are:
- Kindergarten: Tuesday, April 25, 12:44-1:34 p.m.
- 1st grade: Tuesday, April 25, 2:30-3:10 p.m.
- 2nd grade: Monday, April 24, 12:44-1:34 p.m.
- 3rd grade: Tuesday, April 25, 10:21-11:11 a.m.
- 4th grade: Tuesday, April 25, 11:14 a.m. to 12:04 p.m.
Students brought home informational packets on Monday, to inform parents of the ways to donate. Online donation is easy – visit www.heart.org/jump, then select Oregon and find Riverdale Grade School. After that you can join our school’s team and begin to collect donations.